- Area of Specialization: Electric Power and Machine
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Engr. Dr. Otuagoma, Smith Orode holds a Ph.D degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering biased in Power and Machine from the University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria 2015, M. Eng in 2001 and B. Eng in 1996 from the University of Benin and University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State respectively. He is a Senior Lecturer and Ag Head of Department of Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Delta state University, Oleh Campus. He has held so many administrative positions since joining the services of the University in 2007. His research areas include electric power and machines, renewable energy with special interest in small hydropower generation, engineering entrepreneurship. He is a member the Engineering professional body - Registered Engineer, The Council for Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN, R Eng.). He is married with children.
- 1. Otuagoma S.O., Ogujor E.A. and Kuale P.A (2016) Determination of Head for Small Hydropower Development: A case Study of River Ethiope at Umutu., Nigerian Journal of Technology (NIJOTECH)
Vol.35 Pages: 190-195.
- 2. Otuagoma S.O., Ogujor E.A. and Kuale P.A (2016) Evaluation of the Small Hydropower Potential of River Ethiope Using the RETScreen Software. , International Journal of Engineering Research.
Vol.5 Pages: 1-5.
- 3. Otuagoma S.O (2016) A Study of Power Availability in Oleh Community in Isoko South Local Government Area of Delta State, Nigeria., International Journal of Advanced Computer Research.
Vol.6 Pages: 47-57.
- 4. Oghenejoboh K.M., Otuagoma S.O. and Ohimor E.O (2016) Application of Cassava Peels Activated Carbon in the Treatment of Oil Refinery Wastewater – A Comparative Analysis. , Journal of Ecological Engineering.
Vol.17 Pages: 52-58.
- 5. Otuagoma S.O (2016) Harnessing the Small Hydropower Potential of River Iyi-Ukwu in Oshimili North Local Government Area of Delta State, Nigeria as a Renewable Energy Source., International Journal of Research Studies in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Vol.2 Pages: 34-44.
- 6. Otuagoma S.O (2016) Turbine Selection Criteria for Small Hydropower Development – The River Ethiope Experience. , International Journal of Latest Research in Engineering and Technology.
Vol.2 Pages: 34-40.
- 7. Eyenubo O J and Otuagoma S O (2016) Performance Analysis of a Self – Excited Single - Phase Induction Generator. , ATBU, Journal of Science, Technology & Education (JOSTE).
Vol.4 Pages: 10 – 22.
- 8. Otuagoma S.O., Ogujor E.A. and Kuale P.A. (2015) Comparative Measurement of Stream Flow in the Ethiope River for Small Hydropower Development. , Nigerian Journal of Technology (NIJOTECH)
Vol.34 Pages: 184-192.
- 9. Okpeki. U.K., Otuagoma S.O. (2013) Design and Construction of a Bi-Directional Solar Tracking System., International Journal of Engineering and Science.
Vol. 2 Pages: 32-38.
- 10. Otuagoma S.O., Kuale P.A. (2013) Impact of Reforms on Power and Telecommunication., NSE Technical Transactions.
Vol. 47 Pages: 49-59.
- 11. Otuagoma S.O., Otasowie P.O. (2013) Design and Development of A GSM Street Light Switching Device., The Journal of the Nigerian Institution of Production Engineers.
Vol. 15 Pages: 167-183.
- 12. Kuale P.A and Otuagoma S.O (2012) Electric Bill Payments by Unmetered Consumers., Journal of Engineering and Applied Science
Vol. 3 Pages: 50-60
- 13. Ofualagba, G and Otuagoma S.O. (2012) The Modeling of a Hybrid Wind – Micro-turbine Generation System., International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research
Vol. 3 Pages: 625 – 636
- 14. Kuale P.A, Otuagoma S.O and Ukrakpo F. (2012) The Unemployment Problem., Fourth International Conference on Engineering Research & Development, University of Benin, Benin City. Book of Abstracts
Vol. Pages: 75
- 15. Otuagoma, S.O., Enamuotor, B.O. and Kuale P.A. (2011) Lake Concept of Small Hydro Power Project Development , NSE Technical Transactions
Vol. 46. Pages: 8-20.
- 16. Kuale P.A, Otuagoma S.O and Ukrakpor F. (2011) Wood As An Energy Source. , Ist International Conference on Eng. Tech (ICET2011), Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi, Edo State. Book of Abstracts
Vol. Pages: 42
- 17. Efenedo, G.I and Otuagoma S.O. ((2012);) Telecommunication Sector transformation in Nigeria,, Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
Vol. 4 Pages: 89-96.