- Area of Specialization: Public Health Nursing and Geriatric Nursing
- Department of Nursing Science
- My name is Ufuomaoghene Jemima Mukoro, I am a registered nurse, midwife and public health nurse, with a first degree and masters in Nursing Science.
I started my working career as a clinical nurse, for one year, then as a clinical instructor for six (6) years and I have been working as a lecturer in the university for the past twelve (12) years.
In this space of time, I have been involved in the following;
Clinical teaching, supervising undergraduate students in their research work, class room teaching, providing professional and emotional support for undergraduate students and junior colleagues, involvement in outpost supervision of students on community based experience, mentoring of students and junior colleagues, and much more. All these are evident in my Curriculum vitae.
I have authored and co-authored several publications on healthcare and nursing implications on health related issues in the society. And participated in several research studies, some of which have been published. I served as the sub Dean of the faculty of Basic Medical Sciences from 2010-2011; I also served as the Head, department of Nursing Science, from 2011 to 2014, and again from 2017-2019. In my capacity as head, I was responsible for the administration and running of the affairs of the department, and involved with administration at the faculty, college and university levels,b by serving as member of various committees involved with decision making at all these levels respectively.
I am a member of the Nigerian Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigerian’s Educational Committee, and as a member I have been involved in curriculum development at various levels of Nursing training and education. And creating awareness under the hospices of the NMCN on better teaching and learning methodology in Nursing education.
In line with the above, I have undergone a master trainer workshop on preceptorship and student centered learning, organized by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN) and the UK sponsored Women for Health Initiative. I have also served as the Nigerian south-south zonal coordinator of the NMCN’s Mandatory Continuous Professional Development Programme (MCPDP), with the responsibility to encourage and ensure continuous self development among Nurses and maintenance of professional standards in Nursing practice and education in the six (6) states of Nigerian south-south geopolitical zone.
- 1. Ojo, A.A., Osayande, A.A., Irinoye, O.O., Mukoro U.J. (2001) “Knowledge and Attitude Towards Pre-marriage Genetic Screening Among Undergraduates of A Nigerian University”, Institutional Administration: A Contemporary Local Government Perspective from Nigeria, Malthouse Press Limited, Lagos. ISBN 978 023 1285
Vol.Vol. 13 No. 2, Pages: Pp. 121-133.
- 2. Ufuomaoghene Jemima Mukoro (2000) “Primary Health Care Management at Local Government Level in Nigeria” in Akpomuvire Mukoro (ed) Institutional Administration: A Contemporary Local Government Perspective from Nigeria, , Malthouse Press Limited, Lagos. Pp. 121-133. ISBN 978 023 1285
- 3. Ufuomaoghene Jemima Mukoro (2000) Primary Health Care Management at Local Government Level in Nigeria, Institutional Administration: A Contemporary Local Government Perspective from Nigeria, Malthouse Press Limited, Lagos. ISBN 978 023 1285
Vol. Pages: Pp. 121-133.