- Area of Specialization: African Literature written in French, Translation studies, Sociolinguistics and cultural studies.
- Department of Languages and Linguistics
- Dr. Emmanuel Ufuoma TONUKARI is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Languages and Linguistics, Faculty of Arts, Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State, Nigeria where he has been teaching French Grammar, Linguistics and African Literature written in French since 1996. He obtained his BA (Ed) French degree and MA French from the University of Ibadan in early 90s. On the leverage of a French Government Scholarship he bagged another MA in Linguistics from Université d’Orleans in France before getting his Ph.D. from Ambrose Alli University in Ekpoma-Nigeria. He was one time the Associate Dean of Faculty of Arts, a visiting Scholar in School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) at the University of London, participating Scholar at the African Linguistics School organized by University of New York-in-Ghana, Republic of Benin and Nigeria. He is an author and he has presented papers in so many conferences in different countries in Africa, Asia and Europe. He has contributed chapters in so many books and he has published articles in various journals both at the national and international levels.
- 1. TONUKARI U. E (2015) French Language: A Formidable Tool for the Nigerian, A Festschchrift i Honour of Professor Evaristus Ogechi Amyaehie. A publication of the Department of Foreign Language and Translation Studies, Abia State University, Uturu-NIGERIA
Vol. Pages: 341-348
- 2. TONUKARI U. E (2014) Evaluating the usage of indigenous languages in African literature: Biakolo’s situation in Wonderful Child, Journal of Linguistics, Language and Culture
https://www.nigerianjournalsonline.com/index.php/jollc/article/view/129 Vol.Volume 1, No 2 Pages: 33-45
- 3. • TONUKARI U. E, Ejobee, L; Aleh, E & Orjinta, I, O. (2014) Effects of Modernity on African Languages: A Review of Naija and Urhobo languages in Nigeria, .Asian Journal of Humanities and Social Studies
https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Effects-of-Modernity-on-African-Languages%3A-A-Review-Tonukari-Ejobee/fd958bcd5227f48dfd257649fa4a68109be31863 Vol.Volume 02– Issue 01 Pages: 100-108