- Area of Specialization: NURSING EDUCATION & MEDICO-SURGICAL NURSING
- Department of Nursing Science
- I was the Foundation Head of the Department and played an active part in development of a curriculum for the Bachelor of Nursing Science Program. I have been a member of many standing committees at the College of Health Science. The goal of my sabbatical leave was a collaborative research that examined the degree of clinical scholarship amongst practising nurses in America and Nigeria and the development of an institutional program that will increase nurse clinicians’ awareness for clinical scholarship in Nigeria.
My years of experience and education have provided me with an excellent knowledge of teaching both at the School of Nursing and at the university level. I have a strong background in teaching undergraduate courses in the core areas of nursing with special interest in medical-surgical nursing. As a Visiting Professor to the University of Benin, Benin City and Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, I have also taught and supervised students for Masters and Ph.D. degrees in nursing.
I have done some researches in nursing and written numerous position papers on issues in nursing education and practice in Nigeria. Currently I am an Associate Professor in Nursing.
My area of research interest includes;
• Re-envisioning nursing education in such a way to influence best clinical practices in Nigeria
• Curriculum development for under graduate and post graduate nursing programs
• Challenges and opportunities for evidence-based practice
• Oncology; end of life care and palliative care
• Critical thinking and critical thinking disposition as they influence clinical judgement in clinical practices
• Impact of information technology in health care and health care delivery
• Collaborative research
- 1. Agbedia, C.O. (2019) The Emerging Nursing Workforce: Reshaping It For Best Practices In Health Care , IOSR Journal of Nursing And Health Science
Vol.8, No 6. Pages: 35-39.
- 2. Agbedia, C.O. (2018) Exploring Inequality In Health Care; An Ecological Approach, International Journal of Forensic Investigation
Vol.4, No 2. Pages: 35-39.
- 3. Oladimeji O.R. Falade O.J. and Agbedia, C.O. (2017) Genotoxic and mutagenic screening of 8 commonly used skin whitening creams in Sierra Leone , Journal of Biomedical Sciences
Vol.9, No 1. Pages: 23-35.
- 4. Agbedia, C.O (2013) Knowledge, Attitude And Practice (KAP) Of Sandwich Under Graduate Students Of Delta State University, Abraka, Nigeria On Condom Use In The Prevention Of Sexually Transmitted Infections(STIS) And Unwanted Pregnancy, IORS Journal of Humanities and Social Science.
www.IORSjournal.org Vol.7, No 4 Pages: 73-78.
- 5. Agbedia, C.O. and Oshegbo, G. (2013) The Challenges Of Stem Cell Research in Nigeria., International Journal of Advanced Nursing Studies
www.sciencepub.com Vol.2, No 2. Pages: 52-57.
- 6. Agbedia, C.O and Richards, F. (2013) Nurses use of information technology in their clinical practice in the Niger Delta, Nigerian Research Journal Of Clinical Sciences
Vol.2, No 1. Pages: 58-64.
- 7. Agbedia, C.O. and Ogben, I. (2013) Health Seeking Behaviour of a Rural Community in Nigeria., Nigerian Journal of Administrative Science;
Vol.10, No 1. Pages: 119-138.
- 8. Agbedia, C. Okoronkwo, I. Onokayeigho, E. and Agbo, E. (2013) Nurses’ perspective of the research-practice gap in nursing, Open Journal of Nursing
www.scirp.org Vol.2, No 3. Pages: 95-100 .
- 9. Agbedia, C.O (2012) Re-envisioning nursing education and practice in Nigeria for the 21st Century, Open Journal of Nursing
Vol.2, No 3. Pages: 226-230.
- 10. Ogben, J. Agbedia, C. O. (2012) Comparative analysis of Global health Statistics; Implication For Health Education And Promotion., Continental Journal of Nursing Science
Vol.4, No 1. Pages: 23 – 33.
- 11. Agbedia, C.O. and Akpotu, E. (2012) Knowledge of Risk Factors of Diabetes Mellitus among Undergraduate Students of Delta State University, Abraka., International Professional Nursing Journal
Vol.10, No 3. Pages: 18-26.
- 12. Agbedia, C. O. Onokayeigho, E. K. (2011) The Congruency of the Critical Thinking and the Nursing Process., International Professional Nursing Journal
Vol.9, No 1 Pages: 120-124
- 13. Agbedia, C.O (2010) Evidence-Based Practice: Application and Challenges in Surgical Nursing, West African Journal of Nursing
Vol.21, No 2 Pages: 72 – 78
- 14. Agbedia, C.O. Oshegbo, G. (2009) Spiritual Care in Professional Nursing, International Professional Nursing Journal
Vol.7, No 2 Pages: 92 – 96
- 15. Agbedia, C. O. Ofi, B. Onokayeigho, E. K. (2009) Critical Thinking Disposition Profile of Nursing Students in Delta State, Nigeria, International Professional Nursing Journal
Vol.7, No 2 Pages: 97 – 101
- 16. Agbedia, C.O. Ofi, B. Ibeagha, J. E. (2008) Critical Thinking Skills of Practicing Nurses in Delta State, Nigerian Journal of Health Administration and Management (NTHAM)
Vol.4, No 1 Pages: 14 – 35
- 17. Agbedia, C.O (2008) Trans-cultural Nursing: Insight and Perspectives, West African Journal of Nursing
Vol.19, No 1 Pages: 33 – 38
- 18. Agbedia, C.O (2008) Casual Model of Clinical Judgement of Practicing nurses in Delta State, West African Journal of Nursing
Vol.19, No 2 Pages: 111 – 120
- 19. Agbedia, C.O. Akpovi, S. (2008) The Roles of Community Midwives in the Reduction of Maternal and Infant Morbidity and Mortality, Nigerian Journal of Health Administration and Management (NTHAM)
Vol.4, No 1 Pages: 72 – 85
- 20. Anyanwu, E . and Agbedia, C.O. (0000) The Practice of Palliative Care amongst Nurses in Selected Hospitals in Eastern Nigeria - awaiting publishing, Open Journal of Nursing
www.scirp.org Vol. Pages: